During the installation of Oracle 8i on Windows XP, it stopped, giving the error stopsrvc.vrf. What should I do?
Your problem lies with your Oracle version on Windows XP. Oracle only supports Windows XP Professional. It does not support the Home Edition of XP. Additionally, only Oracle 9i is supported on XP. Note:161546.1 on Metalink gives more details.
It sounds like you'll have to ensure you are running XP Pro and get a copy of 9i!
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.