On the non-technical skills end, you may encounter questions like:
- Describe your strengths.
- Describe your weaknesses (often the hardest to talk about).
- Talk about a time when you went above and beyond to succeed.
- Talk about a time when you failed. What did you learn?
- Why did you / are you leaving your current job?
For more advice, you can read my series on becoming an Oracle DBA here at SearchOracle.
I hope this helps and good luck!
Get yourself prepared for your next Job interview by adding DevOps skills to your Sharepoint experience.
- Sample DevOps interview questions and answers (PDF)
- Tough Jenkins CI interview questions and answers (PDF)
- Learn basic Jenkins skills with these examples and tutorials
- Master version control with Git and GitHub
- Keep tabs on continuous code quality with SonarQube
- Properly manage and maintain code with Artifactory and Nexus
- Develop RESTful microservices in Java with Eclipse and Spring Boot
Dig Deeper on Oracle management
Related Q&A from Michael Hillenbrand
Expert Michael Hillenbrand explains the difference between a database engineer, a database architect and a database administrator. Continue Reading
Expert Michael Hillenbrand discusses whether Linux certification is necessary for a job in Oracle. Continue Reading
An Oracle user asks who should do the source-to-target mapping in a company--the Business Analyst or Data Architect. Continue Reading