Can 9i DB be installed on any other Windows OS than Windows XP Pro, Windows 2000 and Windows NT? I would like to install 9i on XP Home and then run Forms and Reports Developer 6i.
Oracle 9i is only certified for XP Pro, 2000, and NT on the Windows platforms. It is not certified for XP Home. Straight from Oracle's support web site is this comment: "Oracle will ONLY certify on Professional" when referring to Windows XP.
So sorry. You'll have to upgrade to XP Pro if you want to install the 9i database on your home machine.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.