When i want to create a function index, Oracle send me the error:
ORA-00406: COMPATIBLE parameter needs to be 188.8.131.52.0 or greater.
My Oracle version is: Oracle8i Enterprise edition 184.108.40.206.0 What can I do to solve this?
As the ORA-406 error indicates, you'll have to change your COMPATIBLE parameter. Locate your INIT.ORA file for you database. The location is platform dependent. The "real" name of this file is INITsid.ORA where 'sid' is replaced with your database identifier. Use your OS tools to locate this file for you if you do not know where it is.
Once you've found this file, open it up in a text editor. Search for the parameter that says "COMPATIBLE". It may be in either lower or upper case. Change the value for this parameter to '220.127.116.11.0'. Save your changes. In order for the parameter to take effect, you'll have to restart your database.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.