In my database I have three redo log groups 1,2,3, and each log group contains one member like d:oracleoradatatestredo01.log,...
d:oracleoradatatestredo02.log, d:oracleoradatatestredo03.log, respectively. I want to multiplex or mirror these log files to the c: drive. How to do this? My operating system is Windows NT.
The OS does not make a difference in this case except for specifying directory names. In Oracle-speak, mirroring this log files (which is an extremely good idea to do!) is done by adding *members* to the redo log *groups*. This can be done with the following command:
ALTER DATABASE ADD LOGFILE MEMBER 'directory/filename' TO GROUP x;
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.