- Data cleanup
- Clean it up in the legacy system? Clean it up in Oracle? (Just be consistent!!!)
- Ex: Invoice numbers must be unique. Do they want Oracle to generate this, do they have their own identifier or do they require a custom solution?
- Legacy information
- Ex: The unique identifier from the legacy system may not be needed in Oracle, but it is nice to have when validating a conversion. You can store it and other legacy information in Descriptive Flexfields. If the data does not need to be seen in the application, do not enable the Flexfield so the data will remain hidden.
- Load validation
- First, know your standard Oracle reports for the module: what is on them, how they group the data and what the parameters are. Find out if there are reports in the Legacy system you can have run to compare with your Oracle reports. If the numbers on both reports match, then the load is a success.
- If you cannot use reports, then have the technical people extract the data from Oracle and compare it to the legacy data files.
- Profile options
- Any default accounting
- Multi-Org, currencies, conversion rates
- Future needs
- Growth (number of transactions, purging)
- Is this a one-time conversion or will it become an ongoing interface?
Dig Deeper on Oracle E-Business Suite
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.