How we can migrate Access and Foxpro tables and data into Oracle 8.05?
Your best bet would likely be to use an ODBC connection from Access/Foxpro to connect to your Oracle instance. Once connected, you can create the tables/data you want by simply using Access/Foxpro's tools you are already familiar with.
There is no "seamless" method to migrate but using ODBC would likely be a good bet.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database export, import and migration
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.