What is the maximum number of rows that Microsoft Access allows in a table and database as a whole?
I was not able to find this information on Microsoft's web site. That doesn't mean it isn't there, just that I couldn't find it. According to another site, Microsoft Access 2000 -- An Overview, the maximum size of a table is 1 gigabyte and the maximum size of the database is 2 gigabytes. I don't think it matters how many rows, as long as the table does not exceed that physical size.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the edtiors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best SQL Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.