When creating database in ARCHIVE MODE on Linux 6.2 and Oracle 8.1.6, the following error occurs:
ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Managed StandbyIt is working fine in NOARCHIVE MODE.
I replied to this exact question on the SearchDatabase forums today. Your problem lies in the usage of the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n parameter when only one archive destination is used. You also specified the LOCATION parameter. Try using the following instead:
LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST=d:\somedir\archive\That should clear up your problem. It will get around the known issues of the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n parameter when only one archive destination is used. And it will get around the LOCATION parameter, which is most likely causing the error message you are seeing.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.