Are you aware of any low-cost, GUI-based product to setup and manage Oracle Snapshot Replication? I find the Replication Manager that comes with Oracle quite cumbersome. I am looking for a third-party tool that is designed to automate many of the manual tasks associated with Snapshot Replication via a GUI-based console.
Unfortunately, I am not aware of any third party tools that are also "low cost". Oracle's Enterprise Manager is probably the cheapest GUI tool since it comes with the database.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our PL/SQL, database administration and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.