Which platform do you prefer for Oracle? Linux or Win2000?
Windows 2000 is more admin. friendly to use if you'e using the new Oracle versions like Oracle 8.1.7 and above. Linux is considered slightly better in performance. I myself prefer Win2000, maybe because I have more experience in that environment, so I am not a very good judge of this issue.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehou
Dig Deeper on Oracle on Linux
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.