I am about a year old in Oracle programming, and I find OTN exremely helpful in my learning process. I want to major both in Application Development and Database Administration but find Oracle tools quite vast. For a start, can you guide me into understanding how basic DB components work and how to manipulate DLL files using PL/SQL?
Your question is pretty broad, so what I'll do is direct you back to OTN to the following two documents:
1) Oracle Concepts document - gives a good overview of how the basic DB components work.
2) Oracle Application Developer's Guide Fundamentals - gives an overview in chapter 10 of how to work with external routines in PL/SQL.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.