I have a table that looks like this:
DeliveryID LastUpdatedTime 1 5:25AM 1 5:30AM 2 5:35AM 2 5:40AM
For each deliveryID, the update time varies.
I want a query that will give me the maximum time for each deliveryID (for DeliveryID 1 it is 5:30AM), and it should also take into consideration DeliveryIDs that have only one updateTime.
This is pretty straighforward --
select DeliveryID, max(LastUpdatedTime) from yourTable group by DeliveryID
This works whether there's one row per DeliverID group or several.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the edtiors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best SQL Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle and SQL
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.