What are the key roles of a DBA?
The roles of a DBA vary from organization to organization. But the following list shows the primary activities that many DBAs are charged with:
- Back up and recover the database.
- Install and configure Oracle software.
- Create new databases.
- Design the database schema and create any necessary database objects.
- Formulate optimal application SQL.
- Ensure database security is implemented to safeguard the data.
- Work closely with application developers and system administrators to ensure all database needs are being met.
- Apply patches or upgrades to the database as needed.
The list above may not be complete for your organization, but it is a good start.
Dig Deeper on Oracle DBA jobs, training and certification