My OS is XP Pro, Oracle 9i Release 9.0.2. I tried to install Oracle, but I got this error:
The Java Runtime Environment is not found.
I installed the JRE, but get the error still! Any tips to help me?
The Oracle distribution media includes a JRE used to run the Oracle Universal Installer. This one works the best for installing the Oracle software. I suggest unsetting your CLASSPATH environment variable so that the install program will only use it's own JRE.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.