Is that possible to separate process of ARCHIVING LOG FILES for one specific schema user? Example: Database is running in archive mode and has a few users. One user creates huge number of transactions by running regularly scheduled cron jobs that creates huge amount of redo log files that are not actually so important to store. So turning off archive for this user could save a space if it would be possible to do.
It is not possible to separate archiving of transactions based on the schema. In Oracle, it is an all or nothing proposition. Archiving keeps track of *all* transactions. You can't tell it to keep track of some transactions and not others.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.