I have Developer 6i and database 8, and I have problem installing them together because of the different versions. What can I do?
In order to successfully install both, you have to make sure and load Developer 6i first and make sure that it is installed in the Oracle home named DEFAULT_HOME. After you install 6i, you can then install the RDBMS into a different Oracle home (different Oracle home and different full path from the Developer install).
To get a more detailed list of steps, see a Metalink Document named Note:74131.1.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.