I will soon be installing 9i database on Sun 5.8. Our development team will be using this database through 9iAS Server loaded on Windows 2000 Server. My question is: what else do I need to do other than just load 9i and create a database on the Sun box?
You'll also need to set up user accounts for the developers, create tablespaces to hold tables and indexes, and work with the developers to create a robust, scalable application. It is vital that the DBA be involved in all aspects of the application.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.