When installing Oracle 8.1.6 on RedHat Linux 7.3 an error occured: Java Runtime Environment was not found at @/bin/jre. Although, I downloaded and installed JRE at www.blackdown.org but this problem was still not solved. How can I fix this? Please, help me. I run it on VMWare 3.1 P4 1.7Ghz, 512 RAM
You do not need any JRE to run Oracle's Universal Installer (OUI). The OUI comes with its own JRE on the distribution media. I would uninstall the JRE you downloaded and unset any JRE-related environment variables. Then run the OUI once again. It should pick up its own JRE and use that.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.