When I try to insert one million rows in bulk using the bulk collect and forall statements, the performance is very slow and never comes out. Does the forall statement commit all the one million rows at a time? Is there any way to commit 20,000 rows at a time and proceed until it reaches one million?
Looks like just this question was answered by Tom Kyte on his "Ask Tom" site. Follow this link: http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:1446887::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:5918938803188,
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle and SQL
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.