I would like to know whether Personal Oracle 8 can be installed on Windows XP or Windows 2000. Which front end goes well with Oracle 8? How and where can I get a trial version of PO 8 and Developer?
I tried installing 8.0.5 on Windows 2000 Server and succeeded; I assume that Windows XP will work the same way.
Personal Oracle 8i is available to download at:
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.