In import/export, I'd like to import only selected tables, but the number of tables is too large. I don't want to use import ("tables=tab1,tab2..." and so on) because number of tables is too high. Please show me the best way to import selected tables.
You can use an * to import all tables but there is not an option to exclude tables (which is what would make your request possible). If you want to import only a selected set of tables, you'll have to list them individually.
You may want to research the transportable tablespace capability if you're using 8i. Using this method, you can export/import an entire tablespace at a time. If the tables you are wanting to import are in one or two tablespaces, you can just import those tablespaces directly and bypass having to specify table names for the import.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Oracle, SQL, and Database Design gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database export, import and migration
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.