In import/export, how do I import only triggers in a dump file?
IMPORT does not have a parameter for TRIGGERS only. EXPORT has the ability to include or exclude triggers using the TRIGGERS parameter (TRIGGERS=N indicates to not include triggers), but there is no corresponding parameter available for IMPORT. I'm afraid that if all you want to import is just the triggers, you'll not be able to accomplish just that alone.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Oracle, SQL, and Database Design gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database export, import and migration
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.