How to return the set of records in PL/SQL procedure? In SQL Server, if we create a procedure with a select statement, it returns the set of records. So how do we do the same in Oracle?
In Oracle, you need to use a REF cursor to return a set of records from a PL/SQL procedure or function. Oracle guru Tom Kyte has answered this question so often that he devoted a nice web page to it. He'll probably do a better job than I can in answering this question, so I'll let you see the answer at this link:
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.