How we recover the password of SYS in Oracle 9i?
You have two ways to do this depending on whether or not you are using a password file. If you are using a password file, invoke the ORAPWD utility. The PASSWORD parameter lets you define the SYS password. If you are not using a password file, sign on to the database as one with DBA privileges and issue the "ALTER USER username IDENTIFIED BY newpassword" command.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.