MS Access can link through ODBC to tables in SQL Server, Oracle, Informix, Sybase, etc. It is also very easy to do. I am now converting an Access DB linked to Oracle tables and views to SQL Server 2000 linked to the same Oracle tables and views. I have the back end converted. But I can't seem to find out how to link the Oracle tables. Is this possible?
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Database Design Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have a Database Design tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Database Design questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Database Design guru is waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Related Q&A from Pat Phelan
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.