I will assume that you want to install Oracle 10g Release 2. On the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) Web site, there is excellent documentation that will guide you through the step-by-step process of installing Oracle on supported platforms. In this case, you will want to review the Oracle 10g Release 2 Database Quick Installation Guide (10.2) for Solaris Operating System (SPARC 64-Bit) which can be found here.
At a high level, the steps are as follows:
- Logging in to the system as root.
- Checking the hardware requirements.
- Checking the software requirements.
- Creating required operating system groups and user.
- Creating required directories.
- Configuring kernel parameters.
- Configuring the Oracle user's environment.
- Mounting the product disc.
- Installing Oracle Database.
- Installing products from the Oracle Database 10g companion CD.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information? Continue Reading
We would like to migrate our database from Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 10g. We would like to know the impact for our application developed using Delphi ... Continue Reading
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk." Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.