I will assume that you want to install Oracle 10g Release 2. On the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) Web site, there is excellent documentation that will guide you through the step-by-step process of installing Oracle on supported platforms. In this case, you will want to review the Oracle 10g Release 2 Database Quick Installation Guide (10.2) for Solaris Operating System (SPARC 64-Bit) which can be found here.
At a high level, the steps are as follows:
- Logging in to the system as root.
- Checking the hardware requirements.
- Checking the software requirements.
- Creating required operating system groups and user.
- Creating required directories.
- Configuring kernel parameters.
- Configuring the Oracle user's environment.
- Mounting the product disc.
- Installing Oracle Database.
- Installing products from the Oracle Database 10g companion CD.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
I'm getting errors while installing the Database Configuration Assistant. Continue Reading
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk." Continue Reading
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information? Continue Reading