TbspaceNm Bytes(1024/1024) location temp2 9715 /oracle/.. temp 141 /oracle/..system.dbf is located in /oracle path. Is there any way to relocate/resize, or what should I do? Please help me as our company does not have a DBA expert.
- Increase the size of the filesystem.
- Move the datafile to another filesystem on a separate mount point.
If you want to move the tablespace you need to:
- Quiecse the tablespace (alter tablespace dba_temp_files offline).
- Copy the datafile to the new location.
- Rename the tablespace datafile "alter tablespace rename datafile /oracle/temp2 to /oraclenew/temp2."
- Bring the tablespace online (alter tablespace dba_tamp_files online;)
- Nuke the old file from the fileysystem (rm temp2).
Dig Deeper on Oracle database availability
Related Q&A from Don Burleson
I have created a table, Party, and in it there are two main fields, party_code and party_name, and around 2,500 records are available in it. I passed... Continue Reading
Suppose you have a table which has only two columns, namely locid (not primary) and place. In Oracle, which query should I run to get the output as ... Continue Reading
I have a query that retrieves around 10 records. I have a task to concatenate the values separated with ','. I would like to know if Oracle has any ... Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.