How can I find out which stored procedure is currently running for a session?
The answer is to really find out which SQL statement a session is currently running. Stored procedures will appear as an SQL statement. To do this, we'll use the following query:
SELECT a.sqltext FROM v$session s, v$sqlarea a WHERE s.sql_address = a.addr AND s.sql_hash_value = a.hash_value AND s.username='MYUSER';
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.