How do I make a character field numeric in the Proc SQL statement? I don't remember the syntax. Thanks.
To convert a character field to a numeric field, use the TO_NUMBER function. It takes a string as input and produces a number as output. For example,
SELECT TO_NUMBER('1234') FROM DUAL;
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Oracle guru is waiting to answer your toughest questions.