What is the fastest way to generate HTML dynamically to be sent as a Web page?
The fastest way is to employ server-side technology in your Web server which can connect to the database and use database queries to generate dynamic content. Microsoft has Active Server Pages (ASP) and the Java community has Java Server Pages (JSP). Both do basically the same thing. They get a request from a Web server, connect to the database, issue queries, and format a HTML page based on the request.
There are many tools out there which can help you generate ASP and JSP applications. My favorite is Macromedia's Dreamweaver Ultradev (https://www.adobe.com/). It lets you create ASP and JSP applications very quickly.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available here.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.