This error may be happening because Forms 9i does not support client-server. A form run from the Forms Builder...
is a 'Web-deployed form.' To do this Forms 9i Builder needs to integrate with some form of HTTP Listener. This is provided by another component of the Oracle 9iDS Release 2 install -- the OC4J (Oracle Container For J2EE). If there is no HTTP Listener started, the FRM-10142 error will occur.
Once an OC4J instance has been started it acts as lightweight HTTP Listener enabling the developer to test the forms/reports application modules in a true Web (even if only intranet) architecture.
- Start the OC4J instance:
- In the Start menu click StartProgramsOracle 9i Developer SuiteReports DeveloperStart OC4J Instance, or find and run the startinst.bat file in your Dev 9i home. It is usually in Dev9i homej2eeOracle9iDS.
- On MS Windows a command window should appear indicating that an OC4J instance has been started; simply minimize this command window to the taskbar.
- Then try running the form again from Forms Builder.
- Having finished with Forms Builder, to stop the OC4J instance:
- Use the Stop OC4J Instance shortcut, located in the same place as the Start shortcut, or close the command window that you had minimized previously.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information? Continue Reading
We would like to migrate our database from Oracle 8.1.7 to Oracle 10g. We would like to know the impact for our application developed using Delphi ... Continue Reading
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk." Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.