I demoed a .jsp using jdbc2.0 to query the local Oracle database (version 8i) but the following error occured:
There was an error doing the query: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06401: NETCMN: invalid driver designatorBefore I ran this .jsp, I set JDBC connect string as
jdbc:oracle:oci8:@localhost:1521:orclCould you guide me to the solution for this?
Instead of 'oci8' in your connection string, try "thin". That should solve your problem.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.