I have created a database link and am trying to insert a record into the remote database. For example:
insert into test@dblink225 values('RamaChandra');
I am getting the following error:
ERROR at line 1: ORA-06401: NETCMN: invalid driver designator
Please help me.
I think that the dblink was not created correctly.
Create DataBase link dblink225 connect to <user> identified by <password> using '<alias in sqlNet>'
<user> / <password> are valid user names and passwords in the remote database.
<alias in sqlNet> is an sqlNet alias to that database that must exist in the TNSNAMES.ORA in the remote database server and in the local database server. Check out network/admin under the Oracle base directory.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Eli Leiba are available here.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle error messages
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.