I found this solution "Are there known issues concerning the installation of sp2 or sp3 on Win2000 Advanced Server running Oracle 8.1.7 Enterprise Edition?" and was able to install Oracle. Thank you. I will have another question if you can help.
After installing Oracle, I installed MP2 (facility software), but got an error: Error while trying to retrieve text from error ORA-00000. Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed. State:NA000,Native:0;Origin:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver for Oracle][Oracle]
It looks like the software you installed MP2 accesses Oracle via ODBC and is using Microsoft's ODBC Driver for Oracle. See if you can't make sure you have Oracle's ODBC driver loaded and use it instead. In my experience, using other vendor's Oracle ODBC driver can cause this problem. Once the Oracle driver is loaded, simply go to the ODBC Administrator and change the DSN which your MP2 application is currently using to use the Oracle driver instead.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.