I am in the process of building a database. I am facing one problem: I have created all the tables and queries. Now I am creating the forms based on my queries. I have a query that shows the marks obtained by each student in different subjects. What I want is that I select the name of the student in a combo box, and by pressing a command button, it should show the marks obtained by each student in different subjects in the query sub form. I will appreciate if you can help.
This is really more of a VB or Access problem. You probably want to:
1) Create a simple drop down. Populate it with the names of the students
2) Either create a ?Lookup? button, or use the "changed" event of the drop down to trigger a query to get the marks for the current classes.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough database design questions from Pat Phelan are available here.
- The Best Database Design Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your database design -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.