When I tried creating a Function Based Index, I encounted the error "ORA-01031 Insufficient privilege." I even granted the create any view. Please help me.
In order to create a Function Based Index on your tables, you must be granted the QUERY REWRITE privilege. To create Function Based Indexes on other schema's tables, you need the GLOBAL QUERY REWRITE privilege. Ask your DBA to grant the appropriate privilege to your account.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.