I have a question regarding ODBC connectivity. I know how to create an application in ODBC using VB and Oracle. Can you tell me how to create ODBC applications and run them?
ODBC, by itself does not let you create any applications. ODBC is just a generic interface between your application code and the database. Your application code can be Visual Basic, Perl, C++, and many others. How each language interacts with ODBC is similar, but a little different too. So you'll have to refer to your specific application language's documentation.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.