I used the CREATE TABLESPACE with REUSE option. Then I created a user and made default to the newly created tablespace in B. But the tables are not present.
I also tried the export /import option. I tried to export the user schema and copied the .dmp file to server B and imported to the same user. But that did not work.
When I tried the export table option, it worked. I want all the objects of the tablespace in server A to be moved to B with the data. Please help.
- On the source database, use the DBMS_TTS package to ensure that the tablespace(s) is a self-contained set.
- Place the tablespace in READ ONLY mode.
- Use the exp utility to generate a metadata dump file.
- Copy the tablespace's datafiles and the metadata dump file to the destination server.
- Use the imp utility on the destination server to plug in the tablespace.
I suggest reading the Oracle Utilities guide for further information on Transportable Tablespaces.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database backup and recovery
Related Q&A from Brian Peasland
Oracle expert Brian Peasland answers one reader's question about common pitfalls when connecting Oracle to outside programs. Continue Reading
One reader asks expert Brian Peasland a question about datafile sizes with the Oracle RMAN duplicate 10g command. Continue Reading
Managing parent table-child table relations in Oracle SQL environments is key to efficient programming. Continue Reading