If you are an SAP shop, running a good percentage of your operations on SAP, you are not being led down a bad route by looking into the SAP BI Suite. SAP is making great strides to evolve its data warehousing solution to more closely align with the CIF framework developed by Bill Inmon and Claudia Imhoff. As for good objective resources to do comparisons? I'd suggest doing some research on the Web and talk to the various ETL tool vendors and BI tool vendors to see if their products have integrated.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough data warehousing questions from Mike Lampa are available here.
- The Best Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an DW tip to offer your fellow administrators and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical data warehousing questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle business intelligence and analytics
Related Q&A from Mike Lampa
When trying to design a data warehouse, we often try to model the database on the operational data model. Are there any guidelines in trying to ... Continue Reading
What is a surrogate key in a table? Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.