- Create two users in the database, UserA and UserB.
- Import dump file A into UserA with the FROMUSER and TOUSER clauses for the IMP utility.
imp userid=system file=a.dmp fromuser=scott touser=usera
- Import dump file B into UserB with the FROMUSER and TOUSER clauses for the IMP utility.
imp userid=system file=b.dmp fromuser=scott touser=userb
- Use SQL statements to trim the unwanted rows from the UserA and UserB tables.
- Insert the rows from UserB's table into UserA's table.
INSERT INTO USERA.MY_TAB SELECT * FROM USERB.MY_TAB;
You should now have a table containing all the rows you want.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.