Why can't I get the io_per_object table to populate any rows after running the Catio.sql script to capture report...
I/O per tables?
IO_PER_OBJECT is actually a view joining two tables. One of those tables is called IO_HISTOGRAM. This table is only populated when you execute the SAMPLE_IO procedure. So you'll need to execute this procedure first. Running CATIO.SQL does not populate this table.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.