Business Objects is a powerful OLAP tool. It can do reporting, sure, but it also has the OLAP capabilities with the Universe design and the Set Analyzer. They also provide a nice set of Web interface APIs, and their application foundation suite allows you to develop sophisticated BI applications.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough data warehousing questions from Mike Lampa are available here.
- The Best Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an DW tip to offer your fellow administrators and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical data warehousing questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle data warehousing
Related Q&A from Mike Lampa
When trying to design a data warehouse, we often try to model the database on the operational data model. Are there any guidelines in trying to ... Continue Reading