Oracle 126.96.36.199 has a bug in exporting wrapped procedures. When importing, the server will use all the virtual memory and the import will fail. A patch exists (1879479 - BUFFERS TO FETCH FROM SOURCE$/VARCHAR2(4000) NEED TO BE 4001 BYTES IN SIZE) but it will apply to the HP-UX version (according to oracle.com) and not to the Windows platforms.
My workaround was to edit the .dmp file in order to eliminate the wrapped procedures or functions, and I was succesful, but I do not consider this as a good solution - it is a time-consuming procedure also.
Any known solution?
As you indicated, this is a known Oracle bug (#1879479). This has been fixed in Oracle 188.8.131.52.6 and higher versions, including 184.108.40.206. You are in luck because the patch is available for Windows platforms. You can obtain the patch from Oracle's FTP site (ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/server/patchsets/NT/). The p2189751_8173_WINNT.zip file is the patchset. Just download the file, unzip it and follow the instructions in the README file.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.