I had a P4 computer and when I installed ORACLE (except 8.1.5), it always conflicted with my hardware and generated an error, then stopped the installer immediately... What should I do to make it better?
When performing a new Oracle installation, I always do several things before the installation to make sure no software problems will occur:
1) Connect as administrator
2) Physically remove all registry entries concerning Oracle
3) Remove all old Oracle directories
4) Remove/disable all services concerning Oracle
Try running setup after all these steps. Hope it helps.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle server hardware decisions
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.