I want to create an SQL automation script for Oracle 8i that creates a TABLESPACE like this:
DROP TABLESPACE COMMON CREATE TABLESPACE "COMMON" .... DATAFILE 'G:ORACLEORADATACOMMON.ora' ...How can I avoid ORA-27038: skgfrcre: file exists error? I need something like DROP INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES in 9i.
First, issue the following to drop the tablespace and its contents:
DROP TABLESPACE INCLUDING CONTENTS;Then, when you create the tablespace, use something similar to the following to overwrite the existing datafile:
CREATE TABLESPACE my_tablespace DATAFILE '/somedir/somefile.dbf' SIZE 100M REUSE;The REUSE clause indicates that it is permissable to overwrite the datafile.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.