Are there functions in Oracle to automatically translate a Gregorian date to Hajrii date (arabic date).
I'm unsure of the question here. The TO_CHAR and TO_DATE format masks do not have masks which convert Gregorian or Julian dates to Hajrii dates. However, the documentation does add that format masks for the following masks, (MONTH,MON,DAY,DY,BC or AD or B.C. or A.D.,AM or PM or A.M or P.M.) depends on the country and language that your database is using. So you'll have to check the National Language Support documentation to see if this handles your case.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.