There are 400 vendor payable accounts with several thousand transactions posted to them each month. Is there a way to automaticaly to clear the transactions from the vendor payables once they are paid?
Add a column named paid_status number(1) default 0. When a transaction is entered the status will be 0. When a transaction is paid (update), add a trigger to modify the paid status to 1. Then, add a scheduled job that will delete all transactions where paid_status = 1.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Eli Leiba are available here.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle and SQL
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.