This is a open question with a large implied result set. There are tools that are part of the building, maintaining and providing access to data warehouses. These include the Extract, Translate & Load (ETL) tools, Reporting/Business Intelligence/OLAP/MOLAP/ROLAP tools. Then there is a new breed of operational applications that are seemingly "data warehouse aware". These include campaign management and personalization applications and Commissions Tracking applications for example.
Take a look at Dmreview Direct for articles. They also have a nice subscription service where you fill out a profile of the types of articles of interest to you and a list of those articles along with hot links are emailed to you on a regular basis.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an DW tip to offer your fellow administrators and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical data warehousing questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle data warehousing
Related Q&A from Mike Lampa
When trying to design a data warehouse, we often try to model the database on the operational data model. Are there any guidelines in trying to ... Continue Reading
What is a surrogate key in a table? Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.