Has anybody had any success accessing a Navision database from Oracle?
I haven't tried this myself. But I see from a quick Google search that Navision uses MS SQL Server for a back end. If you want Oracle to see this database, then you can use Oracle Transparent Gateways to access the SQL Server database. Or, you can use an Oracle Java Stored Procedure to access the SQL Server database through JDBC. To give you an idea, please refer to a different question I answered earlier about JDBC.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.